Botanical Medicine is a long-used form of medicine. As a Naturopathic Doctor, I’ve gone through 4 years of learning the ins and outs of all the different medicinal herbs and what they are used for. They can provide amazing benefit for so many different conditions. We use these herbs in powder (capsule) form as well as tincture form (alcohol distillation). We also have dried herbs at the clinic to offer you for making teas at home with many of these herbs!
Some commonly used botanicals include:
– Curcuma longa (Turmeric)
– Matricaria recucita (Chamomille)
– Lavendula augustafolia (Lavendar)
– Passiflora incarnata (Passion flower)
– Zingiber officinalis (Ginger)
– Taraxacum officinalis (Dandelion)
– Melissa officinalis (Lemon Balm)
These are just a few that are offered and a few of my favourites! Check back soon for the botanical of the month to learn about some different herbs!